What We Do
Parking & Transportation Services (PATS) is a department in the division of Safety and Community Empowerment in Business and Financial Affairs.
The PATS team consists of parking officers, office staff and student assistants who provide:
- enforcement of parking rules and regulations on campus
- parking and traffic support for events occuring on campus
- utilization of license plate recognition (LPR) software and foot patrol for enforcement
- information and services to our campus community, regarding permits, citation appeals and defensive driving
- management of the parking database used by our community
- collaboration with vendors and campus partners to provide alternate modes of transportation
- assurance that our traffic demand management initiatives are followed
PATS endeavors to ensure fairness, transparency and respect in a manner that ensures an environmentally responsible approach to equitable access to those who live, study, work and visit San Diego State University.
We are dedicated to our diverse workforce in creating continual and equal opportunity through our university partnerships. We are committed to the enrichment of our employees in providing access to unique, creative and empowering training opportunities and mentorship that serve the individual, team and community in respect and in honor of the goals and objectives set forth by San Diego State University.