- Faculty/staff parking stalls are painted green and marked F/S where there are other permissions in the area.
- FS perimts are valid in F/S and student areas at all hours.
- Faculty/Staff may not park in spaces marked for Service/Vendor (S/V), Special Permit (SP), Electric Vehicles (EV), or Disabled Person (DP) unless accompanied by a special permit, DMV placard/plate or are actively charging in an EV space.
- FS permits are invalid in PayByPhone only locations: P6B and P10.
- Faculty/Staff may not share the same permit with another employee or student's vehicle.
It is the responsibility of the employee to:
- Request the pre-tax payroll deduction for payment for parking or transit
- Commit to continue the payroll deduction process for a minimum of six (6) months, barring extenuating circumstances (i.e., medical or sabbatical leave, etc)
- Request cancellation of their payroll deduction indefinitely (temporary cancellations will be reviewed on a case by case scenario)
Types of Payroll Deducted Permits
- 10-month (only available to faculty): Permit is valid only ten (10) months out of the year from August 15 - June 15, but deductions are taken out monthly (12 months out of the year)
- 12-month: Valid the whole calendar year and deductions are taken out monthly
Fees are based on the employee's bargaining unit.
Pausing Payroll Deduction
We can pause payroll deductions only in extenuating circumstances such as medical leave, maternity leave, and sabbatical leave. If there is an extraneous circumstance, there has to be a 2-month minimum to be granted.
Canceling Payroll Deduction
You can cancel anytime after your 6-month commitment. If a payroll deduction is cancelled, we will not be able to reactivate your payroll deduction for 2 semester terms.
- Cancel in Spring = Reactivate in Fall
- Cancel in Summer = Reactivate in Spring
- Cancel in Fall = Reactivate in Summer
To initiate or deactivate a payroll deducted permit, please contact Parking & Transportation Services via email at [email protected].
The SDSU Senate Policy includes parking as a benefit being bestowed on those receiving emeritus status. This includes staff as well as faculty. Only those that have been conferred by the Senate are now entitled to emeritus permits. Please see the Senate Policy File for more information regarding retiree emeritus status and benefits to see if you qualify.
If eligible, you can request an emeritus permit via email at [email protected].
- Motorcyle (M) permits grant access to park in any "M" motorcycle stall, 24/7.
- Faculty/Staff who purchase a semester vehicle permit, or has a payroll deducted permit, can obtain a free motorcyle permit through the Aztec Parking Portal.
The cost of a motorcycle permit varies based on the employee's bargaining unit. Upon logging into the Aztec Parking Portal, you will see your permit fee per your bargaining unit.
For those not under a bargaining unit, the motorcycle permit fees are below:
|Fall 2023 (Valid August 15 - December 31)||$37|
|Spring 2024 (Valid January 1 - May 18)||$37|
Fees for daily, weekly, monthly and semester permits vary based on the employee's bargaining unit. Upon logging into the Aztec Parking Portal, you will see your permit rates per your bargaining unit.
For those not under a bargaining unit, the parking fees are below:
|Fall 2023 (Valid August 15 - December 31)||$174|
|Spring 2024 (Valid January 1 - May 18)||$174|
Semester permits will be prorated per the University's proration schedule. To see the prorated permit cost, select your permit through the Aztec Parking Portal and add it to cart. Before checking out, the prorated cost should be listed.
The amount of the refund is rounded down to the nearest dollar. Refunds will not be approved for amounts of $5 or less. The schedule of refunds refers to calendar days, commencing on the date of the term when instruction begins.
To request a refund, please email [email protected].